Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Meeting Gems Once Again

On May 16th, this year, a lot of my old friends got together for lunch in Atlantic Highlands, N. J.  It had been many years since we had all seen each other although I do get to see two of them at least once a year.

Maria Rombi, Luana (Beckridge) Barago, Joan (Lee) Christy, Babs (MacKenzie) and husband Bill Whitton, Elaine (Corino) Galante, Ann and husband Bill Eliopoulis, Annabelle Boyle, Charlotte (MacCormack) Condon, Joe Wong and wife Marge, and myself, Pat (Esposito) Atencio and husband Richard all got together for a good time.
______________________________________________

A Little Background on the Girls
 
Maria Rombi lived directly across the street from me on 45th street.  I met her in 1943 when she was 6 and I was 7.  We've been close friends ever since.  Even now we both live at the Jersey Shore.


I met Lu Barago when I was 16 and she was 14.  She was a Dominette.  We're still best friends and still visit a few times each  year.


Charlotte Condon, Annabelle Boyle and I were in the same class at St. Michael's Grammar School on 42nd street.  It had been a long time since we three had gotten together.


I met Joe Wong, Bill Eliopoulis and Elaine  Galante when we were about 16 when Maria and I started hanging out with the Dominettes.


Babs Whitton lived on 45th street too, just a few doors away from me.  Babs met her husband-to-be Bill during the summer of 1951.  They've been together ever since.


I met Joan Christy and Irene Kilfoyle through Maria (they went to school together).


Here's a photo of the whole gang at the luncheon.



Top - Left to Right: Bill E., Luana, Annabelle, Joan, Babs, Richard, Charlotte and Bill W.
Next - Left to Right:  Elaine, Ann, Maria and Marge.
Bottom - Pat and Joe.

!!!It's been a long time since we were 16!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment